The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)is a global body for professional accountants. ACCA aims to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management. ACCA supports its 154,000 members and 432,000 students throughout their careers and provides services through a network of 80 offices and centres.
Why Excellent Choice Institute of Finance and Management
First class institution
When choosing to study in Myanmar, your choice of an institution is with a strong reputation for academic excellence and consistently high passing rates are vital.
Excellent Choice offers reputable, high quality tuition and many of our lecturers have ample industry experiences to complement their academic or professional qualifications. These give their teaching a real-world perspective, and help you to understand concepts by relating them to real-life scenarios with accredited centres& approved materials. Most centres have Gold Status and Approved Centres which have high levels of recognition awarded by the ACCA, ICM and LCCI to tuition providers. Excellent Choice is also one of only three approved content providers for the ACCA qualification and one of only two approved ICM centres as well as one of the LCCI approved centres which means that both your tuition and study materials meet the highest standards set by the ACCA and ICM.
All materials are written by our expert tutors and subject specialists who know what works for students following extensive research into different learning styles in the classroom.
ACCA & FIA
The Association of chartered certified Accountants (ACCA) and Foundations in Accountancy (FIA) Qualification developed accounting knowledge and skills as well as professional values.
Diploma in Accounting and Business
- Minimum 16 year old
- Mature Student Entry – over 21 years old with minimum of 1 year working experience
- Completion of Intermediate Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting will be accepted as fulfilling minimum entry requirement.
- When students have completed FAB, FMA and FFA, they will claim exemption from the F1, F2 and F3 of the ACCA Qualification and will start at the Skills module exams.
- For a more comprehensive list of entry requirements and detailed syllabus, please visit the ACCA web site at http://www.accaglobal.com/en/qualifications/.html
To be awarded the BSc (Hops) in Applied Accounting, you must:
- Opt in to do the BSc with ACCA UK before passing any of the 3 ACCA Fundamental papers F7, F8 and F9
- Hold a recognised English language qualification certificate and transcript (if applicable), which must be submitted and approved by ACCA, before passing F7, F8 and F9
- Pass the three ACCA Fundamentals papers F7, F8 & F9 & pass other papers as required to successfully complete all nine Fundamentals Level papers
- Complete the ACCA Professional Ethics Module by stipulated date from Oxford Brookes University, before submission of project
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project
- Complete the BSc degree scheme within 10 years of your initial registration onto the ACCA’s professional qualification, even if you convert from one ACCA qualification to another during that 10-year Period
You must successfully complete the Fundamental level exam papers F1-F9 and complete the Professional Ethics module before submitting a Research and Analysis Project to Oxford Brookes University. You are required to pay a project submission fee to Oxford Brookes University.
You will gain access to the Professional Ethics module via MyACCA as soon as you become eligible to take Paper P1, Governance, Risk and Ethics.
Fundamental Level (9 Papers)
F1 – Accountant in Business
To develop knowledge and understanding of the business environment and the influence this has on how organisations and accountants operate, and of the role of the accountant and other key business functions in contributing to an efficient, effective and ethical organisation, and to build knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of effective management.
F2 – Management Accounting
To develop knowledge and understanding of how to prepare and process basic cost and quantitative information to support management in planning and decision-making in a variety of business contexts.
F3 – Financial Accounting
To develop knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and regulations relating to financial accounting and technical proficiency in the use of double-entry accounting techniques, including the preparation of basic financial statements; and from December 2011 will also include preparation of basic consolidated financial statements and interpretation of financial statements.
F4 – Corporate and Business Law
To develop knowledge and skills in the understanding of the general legal framework, and of specific legal areas relating to business, recognising the need to seek further specialist legal advice where necessary.
F5 – Performance Management
To develop knowledge and skills in the application of management accounting techniques to quantitative and qualitative information for planning, decision-making, performance evaluation and control.
F6 – Taxation
To develop knowledge and skills relating to the tax system as applicable to individuals, single companies, and groups of companies.
F7 – Financial Reporting
To develop knowledge and skills in understanding and applying accounting standards and the theoretical framework in the preparation of financial statements of entities, including groups, and how to analyse and interpret those financial statements.
F8 – Audit and Assurance
To develop knowledge and skills in the process of carrying out the assurance engagement and its application in the context of the professional regulatory framework.
F9 – Financial Management
To develop knowledge and skills expected of a financial manager — relating to issues affecting investment, financing, and dividend policy decisions.
Professional Level (5 Papers) Essentials Module (all 3 papers)
P1 – Governance, Risk & Ethics
To apply relevant knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement in carrying out the role of the accountant relating to governance, internal control, compliance, and the management of risk within an organization in the context of an overall ethical framework.
P2 – Corporate Reporting
To apply knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement in the application and evaluation of financial reporting principles and practices in a range of business contexts and situations.
P3 – Business Analysis
To apply relevant knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement in assessing strategic position, determining strategic choice, and implementing strategic action through business process and structural change, coordinating knowledge systems and information technology, and by managing quality processes, projects, and people.
Options Module (choose 2 papers only)
P4 – Advanced Financial Management
To apply relevant knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement as expected of a senior financial executive or advisor, in taking or recommending decisions relating to the financial management of an organisation.
P5 – Advanced Performance Management
To apply relevant knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement in selecting and applying strategic management accounting techniques in different business contexts and to contribute to the evaluation of the performance of an organisation and its strategic development.
P6 – Advanced Taxation
To apply relevant knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement in providing relevant information and advice to individuals and businesses on the impact of the major taxes on financial decisions and situations.
P7 – Advanced Audit and Assurance
To apply relevant knowledge, skills, and exercise professional judgement in analysing, evaluating, concluding and reporting on the assurance engagement and other audit and assurance issues in the context of best practice and current developments.
ACCA/OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY
BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting Students studying for their ACCA qualifications now have the opportunity to obtain a degree from Oxford Brookes University, a recognised and highly respected UK university. This programme enables ACCA students to obtain an Oxford Brookes degree, BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting, upon the successful completion of the ACCA Fundamental Level examinations.
Introductory / Intermediate Certificate
- Minimum 16 years old.
- 2. You should have IELTS Overall Band Score of4.5 or High School Graduate Certificate.
There is no requirement to complete the Introductory Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting or the Intermediate Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting prior to completing the Diploma in Accounting and Business, although you are strongly recommended to do so.
- Minimum 18 years old
- LCCI Higher Level passes (individual passes or diploma) and 2 LCCI Intermediate Level passes in Book-keeping and English for Business with 2 GCE ‘O’ Level credits in English and Mathematics. All five subjects must be distinct (different) subjects.
- Polytechnic Diplomas or recognized University Degrees in Singapore
- ACCA Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification
- FIA Diploma in Accounting & Business
- ITE Higher NITEC Certificate in Business Studies – Accounting
- All other local qualifications not listed above and overseas qualifications may be assessed under PER (with or without exemptions). Students are advised to check with ACCA UK before embarking on courses prior to confirmation of membership.
University of London (Master Degree – UOL)
- English Language Qualification Requirements (e.g. IELTS Overall Band Score of 6.5)
- Student must pass all Fundamental Level Paper (F1-F9) and Essential Module from Professional Level (P1-P3).
- Student must sit another two subjects from University of London with e-learning system.
- Project/ Thesis
- English Language Qualification Requirements (e.g. IELTS Overall Band Score of 6.5)
- Student must pass all ACCA subjects (Member/ Affiliate). Student must sit one bridging module from University of London with e-.learning system.
- Project/ Thesis
For more detail information visit ACCA website www.accaglobal.com.